Do you want to make a real difference to the lives of children and young people?
Do you want a career where every day you will experience genuine job satisfaction?
Opportunities for Teaching Assistants (Grade 2) available:
Salary: Grade 2: £18,065 – £18,426 (FTE)
Actual Salary: £13,664 – £13,937 (Actual)
Hours of Work: 33 hours per week – Term Time only
Place of Work: Barnsley
Fixed Term Contract: Permanent
DBS Check Required: Yes
Exciting opportunities for Teaching Assistants (Grade 2) are available for people looking for a career in education or in a fresh challenge in an inspiring learning environment at Springwell Learning Community, where we provide children and young people with ‘second chance’ learning. Springwell has a national reputation for excellence in working with children and young people with Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties and it is a lead school in Barnsley Teaching School Alliance.
Successful candidates will be responsible for:
· Working with the classroom teacher closely to ensure outstanding progress in learning
· Support and leading nurture, interventions and some group learning in maths, English, P.S.H.E.E and other subjects
· Overseeing practical, kinaesthetic, sport, physical/outdoor activities where required
· Supporting the development of resilience, self-esteem, social skills and strategies for regulation
Post holders require:
· At least level 2 qualifications in English and Maths
· Experience of working in an educational setting
· The ability to build positive relationships and have unconditional positive regard for children and young people
· Understanding and experience of strategies to support children and young people with SEMH and SEND desirable
· Ability to personalise learning
· Driving licence desirable
Deadline for all applications: 11 November 2019 at 8am
Job packs are obtainable from the school website springwelllearningcommunity.co.uk
Please do not send a CV as this cannot be accepted.
Please note: you will be required to undergo an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Springwell Learning Community is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment