Leading Parent Partnership Award
We are delighted to have achieved the Leading Parent Partnership award and are so proud to say that it highlights the hard work and dedication of staff, governors and parents working together for a better education for our children. The LPPA has enabled us to pull the various strands of parental support together to provide the cohesive approach to partnership working that now lies at the heart of Springwell Learning Community. We have seen the impact that the effective parental partnership can have on building trust and confidence, and how this can be so powerful in supporting children’s learning.
The Aims of the LPPA
The LPPA consists of ten evidence-based Objectives which schools must meet to get the award:
1. The school demonstrates a commitment to work towards the Leading Parent Partnership Award.
2. The school makes and implements effective plans to achieve and maintain the Leading Parent Partnership Award.
3. The school is a welcoming and friendly place for parents.
4. The school promotes an awareness of and participation in lifelong learning opportunities available in school and in the community to all groups of parents.
5. The school holds and actively promotes enrichment opportunities or events for joint parent/child participation.
6. The school provides good induction for all new parents.
7. The school provides parents with relevant and user-friendly guidance and information to help them support their children’s learning.
8. The school produces and implements parent friendly policies to establish effective home school-links and improve pupil/student attendance, punctuality, behaviour and progress and positive participation in school.
9. The school provides good support for transition for parents when their children leave the school.
10. The school evaluates performance against the Leading Parent Partnership Award.
So what is the award?
The LPPA is a nationally recognised award achievable by schools who work very closely with the families of their pupils. The assessment is made by an external advisor.
What difference will the award make to the work done with families at Springwell Learning Community?
It will make our work with families even better. It will improve our communication and build more activities for families in school. As you know we are always trying to improve and completing this award will help us do that!
We now aim to build on from this to continue to developing the most positive relationships with all our families in the interests of the children’s learning and development.
Please click the logo to learn more about the LPPA